Join Our Lab
Interested in joining our team?
We often have openings for students who wish to gain research experience by volunteering in the lab. Occasionally we are also able to hire students through work-study, or help them apply for a research experience stipend. It is also sometimes possible to get research credit as a student working in our lab.
Our students and volunteers have helped us with a variety of projects and have been involved data collection, analysis, statistics, poster presentations, and helping write manuscripts.
Does this sound like fun to you?
If you're interested in joining our team, please contact Colum MacKinnon
Past volunteer projects
Some of our past student/volunteer projects have included:
- Investigating the shear forces utilized during anticipatory postural adjustments during gait initiation
- Analyzing accelerometer data during tremor assessments for deep brain stimulation
- Writing Matlab code to analyze movement and muscle data from ballistic elbow flexion
- Designing a 3D printed device to standardize arm placement on our wrist robot
- Protocol development utilizing young healthy participants during eye-tracking
- Direct Magnitude Estimation of speech intelligibility and other acoustic patterns
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy students investigating cueing in Parkinson's disease gait initiation